The making of “Cape May”

IMG_8827

For this design I split the batch in 6 equal parts. One part was colored black with activated charcoal and the rest was colored with Neon Yellow from WSP (I wish I had some of the Oh So Yellow mica from Workshop Heritage on Etsy, that yellow is amazing!)

IMG_8806

I don’t like using squeeze bottles because there’s a lot of soap I can’t get out at the end of pouring. I like to use piping bags, I fill them, tie them then I cut a small piece at the end after they are tied. I use a rolled towel to rest the bags on so the soap won’t leak.

 

IMG_8807

 

If you are familiar with the wood grain technique it’s pretty much the same concept, just modified a little. Instead of one line in the middle I started with 5 tiny black lines then I poured 5 yellow lines on top of each black line. I repeated the same thing until I filled the mold. One black line topped with 5 yellow lines. Here are some pictures taken at different stages of pouring, you can tell when the soap started to thicken and you can also see how good I am at pouring straight lines…NOT, hahaha.

 

IMG_8808

 

IMG_8809

 

IMG_8811

 

IMG_8812

 

IMG_8818

 

IMG_8819

 

 

*** pour at thin trace and bang the heck out of the mold every time you’re done with the yellow lines ;)***

For the wood grain technique you need to cut the bars horizontally. To get the black specks/dots/spots just cut your bars vertically, like you would cut any regular loaf.

 

If you are trying it please share your results. I would love to see them 🙂

3 replies on “The making of “Cape May”

Comments are closed.